2CHICDESIGNS

Sharing my thoughts, inspiration, and behind the scene of my designs. Hope you enjoy!

Monday, April 29, 2019

Finding Your Tribe

The other day I began to think about life and who were my role models. I had a very good friend named Betty Golden that I met 20 years ago in church. She was fabulous and kind, but what attracted me was she didn’t conform to the aging process. Betty was in her sixties and I was in my late thirties. We had become great friends. I admired her kindness and she accepted all people and displayed the love of Christ. She was stylish and loved to wear leather and leopard, which most so called church people judged rather than her earnest prayers that were so powerful! Her had friends came from all walks of life and most of her tribe consisted of woman under fifty. Her 87th birthday would have been on 4/22. I salute an honor her as a person of elegance and the path she so graciously walked. Finding your tribe is so important because these people get you and will sow good thoughts in your life and support you!








Happy Birthday Betty Golden and thank you for being more to me than a friend, but a great role model!
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. What a nice tribute to your friend and mentor. We all need our tribe.

    ReplyDelete

Celebrating Go Red Day

                                           Yesterday was the kick off day of The American Heart Association Go Red Day to bring awareness of...

Blog Design Created by pipdig