2CHICDESIGNS

Sharing my thoughts, inspiration, and behind the scene of my designs. Hope you enjoy!

Monday, July 17, 2017

Cherishing A Legacy Of Life

Last week a dear friend of my families Mother loss her Battle to cancer. I remembered when my Mother passed away about 25yrs ago. The thing I remembered so clearly when I saw her lying in the casket was her hair. It was the only thing that seemed real and alive. Although her life force was absent from the her hair was so alive. I wished I could have cut a piece of it to remember her and kept it treasured, along my life's journey.
I shared this story with the family because I was inspired by the beautiful Home Going announcement of their Mothers departure. It was absolutely beautiful and uplifting. I wanted to create something that would be memorable and create a keepsake for this dear family. I remembered I had a beautiful piece of fabric with cherry blossoms similar to the ones on the announcement card. I designed a small clutch bag that could hold memories of their mother that they could carry with them to the funeral and burial services. 
I call them legacy bags that can hold small memories to cherish during that day. 









SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Celebrating Go Red Day

                                           Yesterday was the kick off day of The American Heart Association Go Red Day to bring awareness of...

Blog Design Created by pipdig