2CHICDESIGNS

Sharing my thoughts, inspiration, and behind the scene of my designs. Hope you enjoy!

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving 2011




I am so thankful for my family, friends, and being able to give back to help others. While this Thanksgiving has allowed me to reflect on my blessings and also how to be a blessing.

When I awoke this morning I knew this was going to be a challenging day. I was going to make the most delicious dinner for my family. If any of you know me I am not a cook, but I decided to take on this task because I wanted to remember my eldest sister Eleanor Irving who lost her battle with colon cancer this summer. I prepared my turkey, fresh collard greens, baked macaroni and cheese, sweet potato casserole, giblet gravy and topped it with stove top stuffing. The dinner was delicious and my family was in shock. Thanks Eleanor for inspiring me to cook with love as the main ingredient!

The most exciting news came when I looked in my etsy store and saw that I was getting an amazing amount of traffic. I saw that it was coming from Huffington post. They did an article about the top 35 black entreprenuers on etsy and I was included. I am so thankful and appreciative of all the kind words and purchase that each person has made.

Here is a copy of the article. Let me know what you think? 35 Black Owned Etsy Stores for Black Friday
www.huffingtonpost.com
With Black Friday right around the corner, we're all looking for great gifts for our loved ones. If you're also looking to spend your hard-earned dollars with black-owned businesses small businesses, we've got the perfect online fix for you.
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. First of all, I love your Thanksgiving table and then Congratulations on the Huffington Post article on your Etsy store; 2chic designs being included in the 35 minority businesses to support during this giving season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well It's about time you learned how to cook!! But actually it was very delicious and I'm honestly surprised!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks CClaw! Im glad you enjoyed the dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks CClaw! Im glad you enjoyed the dinner.

    ReplyDelete

Celebrating Go Red Day

                                           Yesterday was the kick off day of The American Heart Association Go Red Day to bring awareness of...

Blog Design Created by pipdig